In March 2013 Mr Squirrel and I had our first child. What an exciting experience… from planning for Baby’s arrival, to holding her in our arms for the first time, through to watching her grow bigger every day!
In February 2015 we welcomed Littlest Squirrel in to our lives, and became a family of four. We feel incredibly lucky to have two beautiful girls to share our lives with.
I thought I would share some of our experiences with you here.
This section will cover items we love, places we’ve been, things we’ve learned, and everything in between…
- Happy 5th Birthday Little Squirrel - Today you turn 5 years old. How much you have learnt this last year… You will start school in August and I only hope that you enjoy your school days as much as I did. You are so eager to learn… you constantly amaze us with new facts you have learnt at nursery. At the minute […]
- A Moana Birthday Cake For Littlest Squirrel’s 3rd Birthday - When asked what sort of birthday cake Littlest Squirrel would like for her 3rd birthday, there was no hesitation… Moana. Alongside a Moana costume and a Moana wig on her wishlist for her birthday presents, a Moana cake was the order for the day. I opted for a simple design, very similar to the Tangled […]
- A Letter To Littlest Squirrel – On Your 3rd Birthday - Happy Birthday my darling little one. You are the funniest, cheekiest little firework I know. I call you a little firework as you bring so much joy to our lives, yet you have the most explosive temper! This is not to do you a disservice, as most of the time you are the cutest, happiest, […]
- Santa’s Cove At Braehead, Glasgow - We were invited along yesterday to the launch of Santa’s Cove at Braehead Shopping Centre, just outside Glasgow. Santa’s Cove promises to be an ultimate Christmas family experience, so I thought I’d share our visit for those of you considering booking a trip to Santa in and around Glasgow this year… We were greeted by […]
- Kids Fun Day at Darcy’s, Glasgow - The weekend before last we were invited along to attend a Charlie & The Chocolate Factory themed afternoon at Darcy’s in Glasgow’s Princes Square. On the last Sunday of every month, Darcy’s host a Kids Fun Day, where the children are entertained in their private dining room with face painting and arts & crafts, amongst […]
- Smiggle Opening In Glasgow’s Buchanan Galleries Aug 15 2017 - Australia’s most exciting and colourful stationery retailer, Smiggle is opening a new store in Glasgow’s Buchanan Galleries tomorrow morning from 9am. I was invited to bring the Little Squirrels along to see the new store tomorrow, but unfortunately we can’t make the big launch due to other commitments, so they very kindly sent us a […]
- Brick City At New Lanark - Last weekend we took the Little Squirrels to New Lanark to visit the Brick City Exhibition, on from June 28 2017 to September 10 2017. Brick City is a celebration of iconic buildings from cities around the world, carefully recreated in LEGO® bricks by artist Warren Elsmore and his team. Discover highlights of cities across […]
- Hungry Squirrels Guide To Bluestone National Park Resort, Wales - Those of you who follow me on Instagram and Facebook will have noticed that in June we spent a week’s holiday at Bluestone Resort in Pembrokeshire. Excluding travel time, we had 6 full days to fill at Bluestone. There is so much on offer at Bluestone that we could have easily filled another week. Accommodation at […]
- A Letter To Little Squirrel – On Your 4th Birthday - 4 years has gone by in a blink of an eye. It seems like no time since we welcomed you into our world and brought you home to our little West End flat. A lot has happened in that 4 years… we moved from Glasgow to Lenzie, you have become a big sister, and you […]
- A Letter To Littlest Squirrel – On Your 2nd Birthday - Today you turn two years old! It really seems like no time since all this was happening… The change in you over this last year is hard to believe. You have grown into a little person with a large personality! You make us laugh every day. Your smile is infectious. You are mostly a happy little squirrel, […]