In March 2013 Mr Squirrel and I had our first child. What an exciting experience… from planning for Baby’s arrival, to holding her in our arms for the first time, through to watching her grow bigger every day!
In February 2015 we welcomed Littlest Squirrel in to our lives, and became a family of four. We feel incredibly lucky to have two beautiful girls to share our lives with.
I thought I would share some of our experiences with you here.
This section will cover items we love, places we’ve been, things we’ve learned, and everything in between…
- Starting School – A Letter To Little Squirrel - Well here we are… today you start your school life. 5½ years have flown by in the blink of an eye. You have grown from a beautiful, wide-eyed baby in to a clever, bright, kind and loving little girl, and you have made us very proud parents. We love you very much and we can’t […]
- Back To School With Smiggle - This has been the most exciting Summer as we get ready for Little Squirrel starting school in just a couple of weeks time… First we visited our local school uniform supplier and got her all kitted out for her new school. Seeing your child in a school uniform for the first time – what […]
- Princess & Superheroes With One 4 The Kids Events - Last month we were invited by One 4 The Kids Events to have lunch with Cinderella and Iron Man at Browns Bar & Brasserie, Glasgow. I decided to use this invite as an excuse for some one on one time with my eldest. So we hopped on a train to Glasgow Queen Street, took a […]
- Little Squirrel’s 5th Birthday Party with Wish Upon A Star Entertainment Scotland - Regular readers will have noticed Little Squirrel turned 5 last weekend. As this is her last year at nursery we decided to invite some of her nursery friends to her birthday party, which meant our numbers were too big for our usual house party. Initially we were going to book a soft play party, but […]
- Little Mermaid Birthday Cake - We celebrated Little Squirrel’s 5th birthday last weekend, and the requested cake design was Ariel from Disney’s The Little Mermaid. I had already seen a Little Mermaid Cake design on a Facebook page that I knew would be perfect… I adapted the design slightly from the above tutorial, but used this as a guide to […]
- Happy 5th Birthday Little Squirrel - Today you turn 5 years old. How much you have learnt this last year… You will start school in August and I only hope that you enjoy your school days as much as I did. You are so eager to learn… you constantly amaze us with new facts you have learnt at nursery. At the minute […]
- A Moana Birthday Cake For Littlest Squirrel’s 3rd Birthday - When asked what sort of birthday cake Littlest Squirrel would like for her 3rd birthday, there was no hesitation… Moana. Alongside a Moana costume and a Moana wig on her wishlist for her birthday presents, a Moana cake was the order for the day. I opted for a simple design, very similar to the Tangled […]
- A Letter To Littlest Squirrel – On Your 3rd Birthday - Happy Birthday my darling little one. You are the funniest, cheekiest little firework I know. I call you a little firework as you bring so much joy to our lives, yet you have the most explosive temper! This is not to do you a disservice, as most of the time you are the cutest, happiest, […]
- Santa’s Cove At Braehead, Glasgow - We were invited along yesterday to the launch of Santa’s Cove at Braehead Shopping Centre, just outside Glasgow. Santa’s Cove promises to be an ultimate Christmas family experience, so I thought I’d share our visit for those of you considering booking a trip to Santa in and around Glasgow this year… We were greeted by […]
- Kids Fun Day at Darcy’s, Glasgow - The weekend before last we were invited along to attend a Charlie & The Chocolate Factory themed afternoon at Darcy’s in Glasgow’s Princes Square. On the last Sunday of every month, Darcy’s host a Kids Fun Day, where the children are entertained in their private dining room with face painting and arts & crafts, amongst […]