In March 2013 Mr Squirrel and I had our first child. What an exciting experience… from planning for Baby’s arrival, to holding her in our arms for the first time, through to watching her grow bigger every day!
In February 2015 we welcomed Littlest Squirrel in to our lives, and became a family of four. We feel incredibly lucky to have two beautiful girls to share our lives with.
I thought I would share some of our experiences with you here.
This section will cover items we love, places we’ve been, things we’ve learned, and everything in between…
- Smiggle Opening In Glasgow’s Buchanan Galleries Aug 15 2017 - Australia’s most exciting and colourful stationery retailer, Smiggle is opening a new store in Glasgow’s Buchanan Galleries tomorrow morning from 9am. I was invited to bring the Little Squirrels along to see the new store tomorrow, but unfortunately we can’t make the big launch due to other commitments, so they very kindly sent us a […]
- Brick City At New Lanark - Last weekend we took the Little Squirrels to New Lanark to visit the Brick City Exhibition, on from June 28 2017 to September 10 2017. Brick City is a celebration of iconic buildings from cities around the world, carefully recreated in LEGO® bricks by artist Warren Elsmore and his team. Discover highlights of cities across […]
- Hungry Squirrels Guide To Bluestone National Park Resort, Wales - Those of you who follow me on Instagram and Facebook will have noticed that in June we spent a week’s holiday at Bluestone Resort in Pembrokeshire. Excluding travel time, we had 6 full days to fill at Bluestone. There is so much on offer at Bluestone that we could have easily filled another week. Accommodation at […]
- A Letter To Little Squirrel – On Your 4th Birthday - 4 years has gone by in a blink of an eye. It seems like no time since we welcomed you into our world and brought you home to our little West End flat. A lot has happened in that 4 years… we moved from Glasgow to Lenzie, you have become a big sister, and you […]
- A Letter To Littlest Squirrel – On Your 2nd Birthday - Today you turn two years old! It really seems like no time since all this was happening… The change in you over this last year is hard to believe. You have grown into a little person with a large personality! You make us laugh every day. Your smile is infectious. You are mostly a happy little squirrel, […]
- Masha & The Bear – Holiday On Ice DVD Giveaway - The Little Squirrels love Masha & The Bear so I was thrilled to receive a copy of their latest DVD collection, Holiday On Ice, to review, and a copy to giveaway. We first became aware of Masha & The Bear on Netflix, and both girls instantly fell in love with Masha, a cheeky little three year […]
- A Woodland Themed 1st Birthday Cake For Littlest Squirrel - When planning a celebration cake I often turn to Pinterest for inspiration. For the Littlest’s 1st birthday cake I knew I wanted to stick with the squirrel/woodland theme that I followed for her big sister’s 1st birthday cake, but wanted something new and different. It was through Pinterest that I came across these two cake designs, […]
- A Letter To Littlest Squirrel On Her 1st Birthday - Dear Littlest Squirrel It is hard to believe it has been one year since you arrived in to our world! Like your big sister, you have brought so much sunshine in to our lives.You are my little tiny one, yet you are strong. You are sweet and loving, yet fierce and determined. You give the […]
- Littlest Squirrel - I have been quiet on the blog lately. We have been busy caring for the newest member of our family and adjusting to life as a family of four. In February Littlest Squirrel entered our world… another little girl! We are now almost 23 weeks in, and we couldn’t be happier. It is hard to imagine […]
- Little Squirrel’s Guide To Perthshire - Give me lakes lochs and mountains over a beachscape any day! Don’t get me wrong… I love a beautiful beach, however I have always been drawn to big trees, the lush greenery, and woodland trails that go hand in hand with a trip to the mountains. Perthshire is known as Big Tree Country, and is the […]