Foodies Festival’s flagship event returns to Edinburgh Inverleith Park August 07, 08, 09, celebrating its 10th anniversary with a three-day showcase of Scotland’s finest culinary talents and regional produce as part of the Year of Food and Drink Scotland.
This year’s festival is set to be even bigger than previous years, with new food and drink theatres, an extended Producers Market and a huge selection of street food for visitors to feast on.
I am most looking forward to visiting Street Food Avenue. Japanese, Thai, Brazilian, Argentinian, Indian, Mexican, French and African are just some of the cuisines visitors can enjoy in the Feasting Tent.
Street Food Heaven!
I’ll be bringing my two Little Squirrels with me, so will be paying a visit to the Childrens Cookery Theatre where the little ones can learn basic cooking skills in ‘Picnic in the Park’ themed masterclasses with Kiddy Cook, who will show them how to make finger sandwiches, fruit jellies and chocolate bugs. Littlest Squirrel may just watch from the comfort of her pram 😉
The Aga Rangemaster Chefs Theatre welcomes a range of Michelin-star, celebrity, and top local chefs, who will cook their favourite summer recipes.
Clockwise from left – Adam Handling of Caxton, Jamie Scott – Winner of Masterchef The Professionals 2014, Graeme Pallister of 63 Tay Street in Perth, Neil Forbes of Cafe St Honore, and Fraser Allan of The Pompadour by Galvin.
Amongst the other professional chefs appearing this year, I would love to see Tony Singh, Mark Greenaway, and Kim Atcharahorn Kaewkraikhot of Chaophraya.
Other highlights of this years festival will include a wine & champagne theatre, a cake & bake theatre, a super spicy chilli market, and of course the amazing artisan producers market.
Can’t wait to report back with my experiences of a day out at Foodies Festival Edinburgh 2015!
I have 2 pairs of day tickets to give away to my lovely readers. To be in with a chance of winning just comment below telling me what your favourite street food is…
Terms & Conditions
- This competition will run until 12.00am on August 01 2015, and the winner will be contacted by email by August 02 2015.
- The winner will need to respond within 48 hours of being contacted; failure to do this may result in another winner being selected.
- This giveaway is open to UK entries only.
- Entrants must be age 18 or over.
- The prize is offered and provided by the Foodies Festival. The prize is one of two pairs of adult day tickets to the Edinburgh Foodies Festival on the 07, 08, or 09th of August 2015. There is no cash alternative and the prize is not transferable.
- The winner will be chosen by a random number generator.
- Only one entry per person.
For those of you who don’t win but still want to attend this years Foodies Extravaganza here’s an offer code for purchasing tickets.